Marrakesh House is a spectacular eco-friendly venue on a secluded hillside in Culver City. The 4,300 square foot Mid-Century Modern stunner is threaded with Moroccan design and contains several ideal indoor/outdoor settings for weddings, rehearsal dinners, cocktail parties, corporate events and other social gatherings. The venue can seat up to 150 guests seated and upwards of 300 for cocktail parties
The number of green elements infused into the house are endless! To start, the solar-paneled roof, powered by Mitsubishi Electric, produces enough energy to supply approximately 60% of the house’s electricity. Dig deeper and you’ll find all the wood used in the house is FSC certified (Forest Stewardship Council).
A two panel solar thermal array which can heat water for four people on average and an on-demand hot water heater is used in the kitchen. The cabinets in the kitchen and bar are made of FSC formaldehyde-free bamboo and toilets in the house are low-flow to reduce water consumption.
Step outside of the Morocco-themed rooms and you’ll find the the organic living food garden. The three-season garden, designed by Christy Wilhelmi, is filled with a variety of edible plants, housed in wood planters post-consumer milk crates. An organic garden wouldn’t be complete without a compost bin, worm bin, and chicken coop. The Marrakesh house has it all!
You can tour the property by contacting Laura Gatewood at firstname.lastname@example.org. They are available for tours Monday through Friday 11am – 6pm and Saturday 11am – 4pm.
Some “Good to Know” Venue Information
- Fantastic interior 5.1 Dolby Surround Sound
- Two projectors and screens perfect for presentations, slideshows, and screenings
- Beautifully landscaped grounds and organic garden
- Side Stone Terrace overlooks Los Angeles and the Santa Monica mountains
- Back lawn features a gorgeous artisan teahouse
- Azure courtyard wired for 5800 watts doubles as a spacious dance floor
- Easy off-site parking and shuttle services for large events